Athlete Ally Data Management Intern
Athlete Ally is a 501c-3 nonprofit organization that provides public awareness campaigns, educational programming and tools and resources to foster inclusive sports communities. We mobilize Ambassadors in collegiate, professional and Olympic sports who work to foster “allyship” in their athletic environments.
Since its founding, Athlete Ally has attracted more than 250 professional athletes and Olympians, and teams at more than 50 U.S. colleges and universities to champion the inclusion of LGBTQ athletes. Moreover, we are leveraging our partnerships with individual athletes and teams to advance our impact on LGBTQ public policy in states that lag in LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections. Athlete Ally implements LGBTQ awareness and ally training programs and workshops at college, high schools, and beyond. Athlete Ally also has formal partnerships with the NBA, the WNBA, and MLB to provide team trainings and develop resources to address the importance of tolerance and inclusion in sports.
Athlete Ally is seeking a part-time Data Management Intern to assist with administrative, research and special projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping maintain donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations and tracking donor appreciation efforts
- Working closely with the Development Associate on managing coding for all online donations, including imputing gift details into the donor database (Salesforce)
- Helping to track correspondence from the Executive Director and Director of Development to major donors in Salesforce, including preparing and administering donor acknowledgement letters
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including the annual Action Awards gala: tracking and coding event gifts, assisting with silent auction logistics and managing promotional materials.
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation and corporate donors
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Athlete Ally
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel are mandatory; knowledge of others, specifically Salesforce, is a plus
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
Time commitment: Minimum of 10 hours per week; minimum 3 month commitment, with 6 months desirable.
Compensation: Athlete Ally will provide each intern with a monthly stipend to cover travel expenses (a monthly metrocard, or equivalent value, of $127/month during the duration of the internship), plus a daily stipend of $10 for lunch a maximum of 3 days/week (if in New York office). There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Sharif Dodd at [email protected], Re: “Application for Data Management Intern.” Deadline is rolling.