Join Our Team
Senior Manager, Research
Athlete Ally seeks a motivated self-starter to fill the open role of Senior Manager, Research. The hire will play a critical role in helping advance Athlete Ally’s signature research initiative — The Athletic Equality Index (AEI). The Athletic Equality Index was developed as a way to measure LGBTQ inclusion policies and practices in athletic spaces. This first-of-its-kind report provides a comprehensive look at how member programs of the NCAA are supporting their LGBTQ student-athletes, coaches, administrators, staff, and fans.
The Senior Research Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Review and provide counsel and strategic input into the AEI’s methodology and research process
- Conduct the rigorous research into existing policies and practices of collegiate athletic departments based on the AEI methodology
- Monitor, track and report on progress of the AEI and updates made by collegiate athletic departments
- Develop external launch strategies for AEI in partnership with Athlete Ally Communications staff as research is complete and ready for publication
- Oversee outreach and communication with NCAA member institutions related to reviewing and improving their LGBTQ policies and practices
- Work in partnership with Athlete Ally’s Director of Policy & Programs and Policy and Programs Manager to help scale the AEI — with the ultimate goal of ranking and reporting every NCAA member institution
- Develop, implement and monitor a new M&E framework for the AEI and other organizational initiatives
- Oversee and manage authoring of annual AEI report
- Manage interns and vendors as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Background in research and proposal writing
- Strong attention to detail, ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with LGBTQ community and relevant challenges/issues
- General sports knowledge and ability to understand the relevant intersection of sport and social justice
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite preferred
- Passion for Athlete Ally’s mission and social justice work in general
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience
About Athlete Ally
Athlete Ally believes sport will change the world when it welcomes and empowers all people. As a leading national nonprofit working at the intersection of sport and LGBTQ equality, Athlete Ally works to end the structural and systemic oppression that isolates, excludes and endangers LGBTQ people in sport. We educate individuals and institutions to understand obstacles to inclusion for LGBTQ people and how they can build an inclusive culture within their athletic communities. We work to ensure sport governing bodies, teams and leagues adopt policies that reflect the diversity of their constituents. We incubate athlete activism to advance LGBTQ equality in and through sport.
To Apply: Applications should be submitted here.
Athlete Ally is an equal opportunity employer. We see forces of oppression as disproportionally affecting the most marginalized in society, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities, including people of color, transgender and gender-nonconforming people, and immigrants to apply.