As part of our programming:
- Athlete Ally implements LGBT awareness and ally trainings and workshops at scores of colleges and high schools. Its programs often include meetings with athletic directors and staff and keynotes to groups ranging from entire student bodies to individual teams.
- Athlete Ally is a close partner of the NBA and NBPA on player development and LGBT inclusion. Building on their partnership, Athlete Ally delivers trainings at the NBA Pre-Draft Information Program, at the NBA/NBPA Annual Rookie Transition Program, and at workshops for Team Player Development Directors. It also produces training materials for these programs.
- Athlete Ally is a partner of the NFL Player’s Association, and the two came together to support Pride in 2013 with shirts honoring some of the most vocal supporters of LGBT inclusion in the NFL.
- Founder and Executive Director Hudson Taylor worked with Pat Griffin to author the NCAA’s first-ever handbook for college athletes, coaches and administrators on LGBTQ policies and best practices.
- Athlete Ally works with the NFL on player awareness and sensitivity on LBGT issues.
- Athlete Ally is a partner of the Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center, where it supports a groundbreaking museum exhibit on allies in sports and builds educational programs for youth athletes, coaches and parents.