- Working with the NBA, NCAA, and ACC on their historic decisions to move the competitions from North Carolina in the wake of anti-LGBTQ law HB2.
- Creating the landmark campaign, Principle 6, which successfully lobbied the International Olympic Committee to include sexual orientation in the Olympic Charter.
- Co-authoring the NCAA’s first-ever policy and resource guide on LGBTQ issues for all coaches, athletes, and administrators.
- Leading the successful #WomenInFIFA campaign, engaging more than 150 Olympic and professional athletes in calling on FIFA reforms to include greater representation of women and increased support for women’s football.
- Leading athlete, league and team participation in policy-focused campaigns to persuade Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker to protect transgender people from discrimination in public spaces in 2016.
Sports remains one of the greatest socialization mechanisms in the world — it communicates values without relying on any one language, and its most successful participants are known and respected globally. And yet, an entire community of people remain systematically excluded from sport.
Athlete Ally believes that everyone should have equal access, opportunity, and experience in sports — regardless of your sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Our mission is to end the rampant homophobia and transphobia in sport and to activate the athletic community to exercise their leadership to champion LGBTQ equality.